Yesterday I was moved by Pope Francis leveraging his influence and positional power to stand up for what Jesus stands for. In this article he writes,
"The sickness or, you can say the sin, that Jesus condemns most is hypocrisy, which is precisely what is happening when someone claims to be a Christian but does not live according to the teaching of Christ. You cannot be a Christian without living like a Christian," he said. "You cannot be a Christian without doing what Jesus teaches us in Matthew 25, 'For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, A stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.' "
I feel so grateful for his heart and pray that it may soften many other hearts and pull them closer to love. #nobannowall. I pray that we refuse to let fear of any kind rule our hearts, and instead ask the question we should base our lives around as Christians: WWJD?
No comments:
Post a Comment