Monday, August 15, 2016

Fitbit Challenge

Despite my tendency and desire to crash on my couch after arriving at home in the evenings, I have a newfound motivation to run exercise ok, sometimes walk. I love being able to see the steps drastically increase in number after a matter of 30 minutes, or see that "active minutes" number turn GREEN with some virtual celebration confetti, recognizing my hard work. 

Fitbit may seem like a fun toy for solely high-achiever-oriented types, but I find that it has many other incredible benefits as well (see below for a non-comprehensive list.)
  1. Deepening relationships with my family. Currently there is a standing Guenard family workweek hustle consisting of my mom, dad, and little sister. It's a good way to keep tabs on one another, especially when time zones & schedules prevent actual phone contact on the busy weeks.
  2. Developing a growth mindset. Walking more steps is a relatively simple thing to do, and so doing so requires discipline and motivation. Once you achieve more steps, you build a growth mindset 
  3. Increasing use of public transit & saving the environment. Example: I want to BART to my SF office because I'll get more steps than if I drove and parked right next to the office.
For these reasons and many more, I am so grateful for my fitbit (especially with my fancy new teal flowery band!)

No comments:

Post a Comment